Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sunderland Central GC

Friday saw me setting off for Sunderland Central with my mate Dave as co-driver. What should have been a reasonable drive took five and half hours due to the weather but we got there just in time.

It was a good meeting with plenty of contributions from members covering the loans issue, building branches, all women shortlists, buses and public transport and the importance of IT in campaigning.

I'm grateful to Sunderland for the invite - its good to get round the country and listen to Party Members as to how they see issues.

Thanks to George from Usdaw for putting us up.

I'm off to the Forest of Dean next Friday and have been invited to Pontypridd in September (and Devon in June!).

If you'd like me to do a meeting in your area just contact me on 07880 790182 or Peter.Wheeler@amicustheunion.org and I'll do what I can.

No comments: