Tuesday, October 28, 2008

General Election

The last possible date for the next general election is would be July 2010, 21 months away. It’s a fair bet that it will be held before then and it could be less than a year away. The primary duty of the NEC is to ensure the party is in a state to win elections and I’m going to do my best to get round as many of the key marginal’s as possible over the rest of the year, to see how many members are preparing for the election and how they feel things are going.

I’ve been getting around North West and Midlands marginal’s and its good to see the way the mood is turning on the ground. The members in Warrington South were well up for the fight and South Ribble are busy canvassing and working hard. Any CLP which would like me to get along, just give me a ring on 07880790182 and I will do my best to oblige.

No comments: