Sunday, December 02, 2007

Jean Tribatsch and Albert Jones

We've lost two good comrades in the last few weeks. Albert Jones was in his eighties and joined the party in 1937. A stickler for procedure having been trained in the AEU, Albert was a good friend and will be greatly missed by his family and friends in the Party. Sadly I missed the funeral as I was held up at pay talks in Rochdale but I think Albert would have understood.

I did manage to make Jean Tribatsch's funeral in the church was packed. Jean was a stalwart of the party in Bury South - hard working , loyal and friendly to everyone.

One thing I can do is ensure they're remembered in the obituaries at the NEC and the Party's annual report. If you know any other deceased members who should be remember in this war don't hesitate to let me know.

No comments: