On the one hand:
- it's hard to see the use of nuclear weapons against non-state threats to security such as Al-Qaeda.
- us keeping nuclear weapons doesn't help with agreements for nuclear disarmament it's an awful lot of money!On the other hand:
- it’s a dangerous world out there - if nuclear weapons aren't needed why are North Korea and Iran so keen to get them
- such a decision would be long term - we can't predict the security threats of ten year's time
- you can't put a price on national security, the last time we campaigned as a unilateralist party - we got slaughtered!Anyway - the important thing is that we know the genuine views of the members - so please get in touch and let Ellie and myself know your views - its your party!